Rise of Nations
1440 – 1860 A.D.
1440 to 1860 The Renaissance, Reformation & Enlightenment
- Study the works of amazing artists--
Meet Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, Franz Günther, Albrecht Dürer, John Smibert – just to name a few.
- Learn about Classical music--
Mozart, Charles Wesley, Henry Purcell, John Newton, Martin Luther, Monteverdi, Dufay, and more.
- Grand Architecture--
cathedrals, castles, palaces, and mosques
- Read some of the greatest authors and literature of all time--
Luther (95 Theses), Shakespeare (Hamlet), John Foxe, Miguel de Cervantes (Don Quixote), Charles Wesley, Machiavelli (The Prince), Utopia (Sir Thomas More) Nostradamus, Jonathan Edwards, Anna Bijns, Voltaire, and even Marco Polo….plus more.
Read lyric and narrative poetry, drama, short stories, oratory, satire, allegory, biography and autobiography, letters, folktales, fables & myths.
All nine units of the Institute of Excellence in Writing incorporated into the composition assignments.
- World changing events & the forming of Nations
Renaissance, Reformation Counter-reformation
Age of Reason, Enlightenment
Age of Discovery
Wars and Revolutions
Rise of Nations package includes:
- Comprehensive Student Manual (includes all literature selections)
- Teacher Key
- Complete Student Pack (questionnaires, maps, worksheets – all three-hole punched and ready to drop into a binder)
- Test Packet with all quizzes and tests