Unique Distinctives of TRISMS...
Or…..What makes TRISMS special?
- Research – Rather than requiring the purchase of certain books with questionnaire answers, TRISMS takes the next step and teaches students to find answers on their own with whatever resources they can find or you provide for them. Research skills are essential for college.
- Literature selections included – No more hunting for literature selections! In the high school volumes, all literature selections studied are included in the student manual.
- Student Directed – No more lesson planning for parents! The lesson/unit plans are laid out for your student. Your students learn to take responsibility for their assignments, learn time management, and cultivate organization skills.
- Coursebooks – TRISMS students create their own textbooks/coursebooks. These books allow students to add creativity to their research, dig deeper, and develop more organization skills.
- Worldview - TRISMS does not teach a particular worldview, but rather, guides students through research to enhance or develop their own worldview with the assistance of their teachers/mentors, etc.
- More than Western Civilization – While most history-based curriculums focus on Western Civilization, TRISMS teaches students about the rest of the world.
- Modern U.S. and World History - TRISMS believes that modern history must be taught as a whole, as every part of the world affects every other part of the world in this modern age. Thus, Age of Revolution teaches U.S. and World History together by decade.
- IEW – The inclusion of IEW (The Institute for Excellence in Writing) in language arts and literature assignments is unique to the TRISMS curriculum. Rather than an add-on, it is written into the assignments.
- More than language arts – Students don’t just learn language arts, they learn and practice all forms of public speaking, project presentation, and types of writing including short stories, novelettes, poetry, song, non-fiction, analysis, book reports, research papers, and more…….
- Humanities heavy – Students learn more about art, music, and architecture and how they influenced and continue to influence society in TRISMS than in any other curriculum we have seen.
- Literature types – Because TRISMS students are reading many excerpts, they are able to become familiar with and analyze far more literature than they would if they read complete books. However, they are always free to do so.
- Movies – TRISMS has many movie selections to help students get a feel for the time periods they are studying, and also to provide them with an insight into huge literature pieces via the silver screen.
- Academics – TRISMS includes unit and semester tests (quarterly tests in History's Masterminds). These tests incorporate all types of testing skills from multiple choice and true and false to writing essays and filling in blanks.