WINNER OF PRACTICAL HOMESCHOOLING’S READER’S AWARD FOR ART APPRECIATION!
Discovering the Ancient WorldHigh School
Beginning of recorded history 500 B.C.
- Study the ancient civilizations:
Experience each civilization through their—
- Art and how it is made.
- Music and instruments of each civilization
- Architecture-- the Ark, Çatal Hüyük, Ziggurats, Pyramids, the city of Mahenjo-Daro, Solomon’s Temple, Palace of Knossos, Bridge over the Euphrates, Palace at Nineveh – and so much more!
- Drama & Sports
- Literature (all excerpts included)
Creation and Flood Stories, Ra and Sekhmet, The Yellow Emperor, Manu and the Fish, Egyptian poetry, The Story of Sinuhe, The Iliad and the Odyssey, the Code of Hammurabi, Greek Myths, Chinese folktales, legends and hymns….just to name a few.
- Compositions including all nine units of IEW TWSS
Essays, Short Stories, Poetry, Critique, Research Papers, and More!
- Science: archaeology, silk making, printing, paper making, petroleum, cotton, irrigation, embalming, surveying, hydraulics
- Religion: the beliefs and practices of the Ancient people
- Economics of trade and taxes
Eastern and Western civilizations are studied chronologically and geographically in context.Study the 7 Mysteries and the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World